Fall Flowers [A New Pattern]

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Hey there!  These past several months have been quite busy for me and I feel like I don't have a lot to show for them - except for the Five Fat Quarter Fun patterns!  But somehow I did manage to design one new Gigi's Thimble pattern that I'm really excited about!  It's called Fall Flowers and I'd love to tell you about it!  


It's fat quarter friendly and comes with instructions for 4 different sizes 
(baby, twin, queen and king).


The blocks are quite large, finishing at 18" square.


For my twin size version, I used a scrappy selection of fabrics from my stash.  It was quite the interesting color combo, one that was a little out of the norm for me. But I always love stretching myself in that way.


I chose to call this pattern Fall Flowers because of the little tulips made in each quarter of the blocks and because of my color pallet.  But I believe this pattern would be great in any color combo!


My friend, Cathy Barney in Alpine, UT. quilted it in Modern Loops 
and did a fantastic job!
  
Here are a couple of other versions that 2 of my pattern testers made:


The one above was made by Satomi Hoar in Fig Tree Fabrics.  And the one below was made by Susan (@thefeltedpear on Instagram) in Hello Petal. They both quilted them themselves.  Aren't they gorgeous!?!


It's the perfect time to get started on Fall Flowers and it's now available in my Etsy Shop in both paper and PDF versions (click HERE to shop).  I would love to make an even scrappier version.  Maybe one of these days!

Happy quilting!
~Amber




3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful new pattern, Amber!! Love how the centre part of the 'tulips' can be either background or another fabric print. Really lovely!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this pattern! So many designs within the design to look and pick up on.

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber