Feeling Festive

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

 The other day I decided it was time to use up some scraps.  Sometimes I like to do a project just for fun ~ not for Gigi's Thimble, not for work, not one thats been hanging over my head for sometime.  Just a good old spur of the moment-kind-of-project.  I decided I needed something for Halloween.

My kids designed these two blocks on the bottom:



The only fabric I had to buy [for the whole thing; back included] was the orange and black polka dot for the border and an orange plaid for the binding.  Oh, and I splurged on some black pom poms that will be sewn into the binding.


This one is going to the quilter SOON.

8 comments:

  1. I love it, please show it again after it is finished!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you had lots of fun fall colors to play with! Can't wait to see the finished quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh how I love pom poms! Can't wait to see the finished product. I've enjoyed getting the house ready for Halloween and fall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see the pom poms in the binding.

    ReplyDelete
  5. VERY cute! I'll bet your kiddos are really excited to have it all quilted up and in use. LOVE that black and orange polka dot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A perfect holiday quilt to add to your collection! Good job kiddos! What a fun family project.

    ReplyDelete
  7. SO cute! Can't wait to see what you do with the trim!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber