Oops, this is a little excessive.

Monday, December 28, 2009


Well, I was completely surprised when I found a gift certificate in my Christmas stocking to the fabric store that I work at!  I had fantasy's during the few weeks prior, of how great that would be to be able to stock up on some of the fun fabrics we have in right now, but I thought for sure that he would think there was no need for that since I am well taken care of in the fabric department these days.   I guess it's a tradition though [his words, not mine] and needless to say I could hardly wait till Just Sew opened back up again today after our Christmas break.   I had to buy a few more fabrics so that I could finish up this project that I started about a month ago.

Here's what I came home with:

I was so tempted to splurge on fabrics to start new things, but I was good.  And boy am I sure glad that I didn't buy those South Hampton fabrics that have been calling to me because this is what I realized after doing a little inventory...


Count that - 8 [yes 8!!!] piles of fabric to start EIGHT new quilts this next year!?!   Oh my gosh.  I feel a little bit bad.  O.K.  Let me just say that I got a lot of it at some really good sales or with my discount at work sooo...O.K.,  there is really no way to justify it all.

Well, I better get busy and not start ANY new projects this year!  Hmmm, maybe that should be my New Years Resolution (isn't it something like 80% of all New Years Resolutions are broken?)

Anyways.  Here's a closer look at my upcoming projects:

1. Sweet Sugar Swirls by Fig Tree



2.  Hot Cross (a Schnibbles pattern) 



3.  Wild Thing by Thimble Blossoms



4. Center of Attention (cover quilt) by Heather Mulder Peterson.
(I really need more 2 1/2" strips of Heather Bailey's Fresh Cut/Pop Garden line.  I don't need alot and it's a little hard to find these days, so if anyone out there has some that they don't need anymore and you want to do a trade, then leave me a comment below.)


5.  I had an idea for a sampler I was going to design, but don't know if that is going to happen so I might use these to do this project that my local quilt guild is doing in 2010.


6.  A scrappy Dresden Plate Quilt


7.  This honey bun I got for $2.50 from Lanie Jane's Liquidation Sale this past summer!  I think I'll do this Cameo pattern by Fig Tree:


  
and last but not least, this project:

in spiderweb form.

So, the problem with all of these projects is that they are in piles on my shelves, in bags behind my curtain and basically just strewn about.  I am now on the hunt for clear, stackable boxes with lids to store these in.  I am wondering if you have any suggestions on where to find the perfect (inexpensive) boxes? 

So what are your projects for this new year?

11 comments:

  1. What a lovely pile o'fabric!

    I'm looking forward to seeing all your projects for 2010 but particularly Bloom and the dresden plate ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Try the dollar store in your area. I've been able to find decent sized clear plastic containers (usually with white lids) in mine that work great for separating projects or keeping the craft stuff organized. Good luck with your projects!! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi. I am looking at my pile of projects (kits) which keeps growing since I started quilting only this past April! 20 at last count (oops)
    I found that the WalMart Sterilite wiht the lid - 6.2qt size( 15x11 1/2 x 3 1/4) work great for most of mine. I also have a few larger ones for bigger kits.

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S The containers were only $3 each and the larger ones $3.50

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ambs, I think I have some of Heather Baileys pop garden. Check out: http://sitstilldottie.blogspot.com/2008/12/sittin-while-its-snowin.html and let me know if you want me to send you some. Not sure if its the color your looking for. Can't wait to see your finished projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You weren't kidding sister. You got me laughing with all that "maybe" you will make a new years resolution. :)

    We have a lot of Heather Bailey's older fabric at MGQ. Let me know if you want me to pick some up for you.

    See ya Wed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am drooling at all your beautiful fabric and fun projects for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, this is just ridiculous! Even looking at YOUR fabrics for proposed projects got me all excited to go lock myself in my quilt studio for the next week! Don't feel like the Lone Ranger with your line-up of wanna-do quilts though. I might be able to top your list if I ever took the time to pull all mine together. :o)

    I get my clear storage boxes from either Walmart or Target . . . but always when they are on sale!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are always busy doing a million things. I especially love the Wild Things and Center of Attention. Can't wait to see the finished products!

    Ikea is always my place for storage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed seeing all your plans for projects this year. Your stash of fabrics is awesome. I wish I had some of the Heather Bailey fabric to trade as it is a beautiful line. Will look forward to seeing your progress. I have a few projects in mind, but need to clean and reorganize my sewing room to find stuff.
    I'd try the dollar store for containers....I always try there first when I'm on the hunt for something.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've got some adorable quilts lined up! My favorite is the Wild Thing one. I will be doing good if I finish the quilt I started 12 years ago. HAPPY QUILTING!

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ to hear from you so please feel free to leave a comment. I read each one and try to respond as often as I can. Thanks so much for stopping by! ~Amber